At TAFE NSW you can select from a wide selection of courses and training programs offering various qualification levels and awards.
Qualifications you can get from studying at TAFE NSW
When you successfully complete a course or training program at TAFE NSW, you will receive one of the following:
- TAFE NSW Statement/Statement of Attendance are awarded for specialist courses focusing on specific skills.
- Statement of Attainment courses introduce you to an area of work or can help you gain additional skills in a particular occupation. When you complete a Statement of Attainment it can be used as a credit transfer into a higher level TAFE NSW course.
- Certificate I courses teach the foundation skills required in some industries and are often a part of a suite that you can progress through.
- Certificate II courses provide preparation for employment and/ or apprenticeships. They may also include traineeships with an on-the-job component.
- Certificate III courses teach well-developed skills in a range of occupational areas.
- Certificate IV courses usually teach supervisory skills and advanced technical skills which may build upon skills acquired in the workplace, a Certificate III course or equivalent.
- Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas prepare you for work that requires a broad range of complex technical skills and in-depth knowledge. These courses often include training in management, planning and evaluation, budgeting and finance, as well as the knowledge and skills of the vocational area you have chosen.
- Graduate Certificates and Graduate Diplomas may be studied following completion of a Degree or an Advanced Diploma. They usually include either training to build on your undergraduate program, or training in a new professional area.
- Bachelor Degrees give you a degree qualification with a high level of specialist knowledge about a particular field or profession for use in more senior management positions
Where can I find more information?
More information is available on TAFE NSW qualifications and the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).