Still at school but keen to get started in the workplace?
As a student in Year 10, 11 or 12 you may be able to do a school based apprenticeship or traineeship. This is a great opportunity for you to combine paid work, training and school while achieving an industry recognised national qualification.
So how can it benefit you?
By completing a school based apprenticeship or traineeship you:
- can be credited towards your HSC for the study and work you do while you are at school
- may be eligible to sit an optional exam that counts towards the calculation of your Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
- have the opportunity to commence a trade while you are completing school
- will have a head start as you will have a one year advantage over others
- will gain great experience while you study and get paid for it.
How can you find out more?
Speak with your school careers advisor to find out what options are available to you.