Financial Assistance

Financial assistance; girl with head on books, piggy bank on head and dollar clouds

You may be entitled to some assistance as a student at TAFE NSW.

Centrelink assistance

If you are studying full time or part time at TAFE NSW you may be able to receive financial assistance from the Commonwealth Government.

Information about all types of assistance including Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy and Pensioner Education Supplement, may be obtained from Centrelink.

Travel concessions

The NSW Government provides subsidised or concession travel to a range of people. As a TAFE NSW student you may be entitled to concession or free travel on public or private transport (conditions apply).

For further information, talk to a travel concessions contact officer at your local TAFE NSW location.

Note: International Students are not entitled to travel concessions.

Tax concessions

The Australian Tax Office (ATO) may allow you to deduct expenses for self-education under certain circumstances.

Information about eligibility conditions for claiming a deduction is available on the ATO website.

You should keep your receipts to support claimable expenses.

For more information on financial assistance, go to the TAFE NSW Website - Financial Assistance.