Recognition of overseas qualifications

If you hold qualifications gained overseas, TAFE NSW will carefully consider them for 'advanced standing'.

What is 'Advanced Standing'?

'Advanced standing' means that you will not have to repeat study you have already done in another country.

You can get advice from the Recognition Coordinator, the Multicultural Education Coordinator or a Student Counsellor at any TAFE NSW location.

Your documents and qualifications will need to be certified, and must be in English or translated into English. If you're seeking advanced standing and you can't provide sufficient documentation, you may be required to do a challenge activity to demonstrate your skills.

Translating your documents and qualifications

Translations can be done by the following organisations:

  • Community Relations Commission
    Language Services
    Interpreting and Translating
    Level 8, Stockland House
    175 - 183 Castlereagh St
    SYDNEY NSW 2000
    Ph: 1300 651 500 (free call)
  • Department of Immigration and Citizenship
    Parramatta Office
    Ground Floor
    Jessie Street Centre
    2 - 12 Macquarie St
    Ph: 131 881
  • Sydney Office
    Ground Floor
    26 Lee St
    SYDNEY NSW 2000
    Ph: 131 881
  • Wollongong University College
    Building 39, Northfields Ave,
    Ph: 4226 8892