What is Recognition?
Recognition is the process by which you can demonstrate you already have the skills or competencies taught in a unit or qualification. It is the recognition of the skills, knowledge and experience you have gained through previous studies, work and life in general. Put simply, it means if you can demonstrate you already have the skills and experience you can complete partial or a whole qualification without needing to attend classes.
What are the benefits of Recognition?
Recognition may help you to:
- reduce the time required to complete your course or qualification
- lower the cost of your government subsidised qualification
- meet the entry requirements for higher level qualifications
- identify gaps in your knowledge and skills.
What are the different types of Recognition?
There are two types of Recognition:
- Credit Transfer, which allows you to receive credit for unit/s of competency previously successfully completed.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), which is an assessment process of your previous skills, knowledge and experience to meet the requirements of the course you are enrolled.
Who may apply for Recognition?
You may apply for Recognition if you have:
- completed previous training at TAFE NSW
- qualifications from previous studies in Australia
- qualifications from previous studies overseas
- relevant work or life experience.