We are committed to helping you reach you goals by providing a wide range of Learner Support services. You can find out more by downloading our Learner Support booklet.
Don't need more information to access YourTutor? Login to Moodle using your TAFE NSW username and password.
What is YourTutor?
YourTutor is a Learner Support program that provides students with online, on-demand assistance for their studies in two key ways:
- Online Tutoring - Students can connect live to an expert tutor in real time to work out a study problem or question via an interactive step-by-step online classroom. Online Tutoring is available from 3pm to midnight AEST, Sunday to Friday (plus Saturdays during the school term).
- 24/7 Writing Feedback - Students can upload a written draft assignment or essay 24/7, 365 days a year and receive constructive feedback within 24 hours on how to improve their work. Often feedback is given in less than 12 hours.
When is the service available?
YourTutor is NOW available to all TAFE NSW enrolled students.
How much does it cost?
Nothing - it’s a FREE service for all enrolled students.
How do I access YourTutor?
All students must access TAFE NSW’s YourTutor program from within Moodle.
To access YourTutor:
· Go to Moodle and login using your TAFE NSW username and password
· Select the ‘YourTutor’ link at the top of your Dashboard page to gain entry to the YourTutor page.
NB: Access is only via Moodle - students do not have a separate login for YourTutor.
What if I have forgotten, do not have, or need to change the Moodle password?
If you have never accessed Moodle before, you can still login with your TAFE NSW username and password. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Service Centre or Library staff at your local campus or you can use the Student Portal to manage your Moodle access, including:
· Activating an account
· Changing a password prior to the password expiring
· Resetting an expired or forgotten password using their secret question and answer
· Checking your password status
· Updating your secret question and answer
NB: Remember, you do not have a separate login for YourTutor, access is only via Moodle.
Skills for successful study
We can help you to develop your skills with:
- Note taking
- Preparing for assessments
- Using computers for study
- Academic writing and referencing
- English language
Support can be individual or group-based. Talk to your teacher and they can refer you to the right person depending on your needs. Or call our friendly customer service staff on 131 601 who can complete a referral for you.
Our TAFE NSW Study Centres are there to help you succeed in your studies. Our specialist teachers can give you the individual attention you need to help you achieve your study goals.
Need help? Check with your teacher, or our friendly Customer Service staff on 131 601, for available Study Centres’ opening times.